Thursday, January 19, 2012

Montana is cold, and snowy...

It was -18f yesterday morning.  The day before that was -13 or so.  And yesterday we finally got the snow they were talking about.  I cleared the driveway twice before the Mrs. got home from work, then had to clear the driveway again this morning.  It looked like another 3 inches, maybe less.  My 7 year old missed the bus yesterday morning and I found out the hard way that your car can overheat in sub-freezing temperatures.  I think the thermostat froze.  Probably too much water in the coolant mixture.  Gonna add some antifreeze when it warms up a bit.  I was hoping to actually make some progress on my Retrochallenge project, but with missing busses, walking to and from bus stops in this weather, trying to keep the house warm and taking care of a 14 year old who refuses to get un-sick, I'm finding little time for anything else than chores and staring at my keyboard wishing I was smarter.  But, there is still time.  Maybe I can pull this project out of the dumper before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment